The City of Patna Getting One Step Closer to Ensuring 100% Sewage Collection and Treatment

The City of Patna Getting One Step Closer to Ensuring 100% Sewage Collection and Treatment

VA Tech WABAG continues its affirmation to make the holy river Ganga Aviral and Nirmal by securing the largest order under the Namami Gange programme.

patna.jpg
Gandhi Setu Bridge in Patna, India. (Image by Chandravir Singh/Flickr, published under (CC BY-SA 2.0 license)

WABAG secured a INR 1,187 Crore worth order from Bihar Urban Infrastructure Development Corporation  (BUIDCO) under the prestigious National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) Scheme to develop Sewage Treatment Plants (SIP) of 150 MLD capacity along with sewerage network of over 450 km the Digha and Kankarbagh zones of Patna, one of the most populous cities on the banks of River Ganga.

In Digha. the scope comprises designing and building a 100 MLD STP, Interception & Diversion Work, two Sewage Pumping Stations and survey, redesigning & building new sewerage network of about 300 km. In Kankarbagh, the scope comprises designing and building a 50 MID SIP. Flow Diversion Works & all appurtenant structures and survey. redesigning & building new sewerage network of about 150 km.

The construction of sewerage networks which represents over 80% of the total contract will be executed on DBO basis and the remaining around 20% towards STPs will be implemented under HAM basis. WABAG will also be responsible for the operations and maintenance of the STPs and the sewerage infrastructure for a period of 15 years. The project will be implemented by BUIDCO with financial assistance from the World Bank under the NMCG.

Commenting on this major order win. Mr. Varadarajan S. Director & Chief Growth Officer said With this repeat order in Bihar. WABAG will now be responsible for sewerage infrastructure in 4 out of the 6 zones of Patna. thus testifying the trust reposed by NMCG and BUIDCO in WABAG. This project is an important step in realizing the vision of ensuring 100% sewage collection & treatment in Patna. WABAG is already executing projects for BUIDCO in Pahari and Kamalichak. All these projects. on completion, will ensure a cleaner and a healthier ecosystem for over 50% of the population of Patna."