CALL FOR PARTNERS: JOIN THE UNEP-DHI ECO CHALLENGE 2016 AS A COUNTRY PARTNER
Deadline: 31 Oct 2015
Do you want to help educate the youth in sustainable water and environment management and be part of a global network of innovative water educators?
Since 2013, over 4000 children between the ages of 14-17 in more than 10 countries have joined in the UNEP-DHI Eco Challenge and competed by playing the Aqua Republica game. Apart from having fun, the experience has helped them to learn about sustainable water and environmental management. As we continue to grow the initiative, we are looking for country partners for next year’s UNEP-DHI Eco Challenge scheduled to run between January 2016 and April 2016
About Aqua Republica and UNEP-DHI Partnership
Aqua Republica is an online serious game where a simplified but realistic world is created for players to play and learn—by personal experience— about the conflicts and trade-offs that exist in a river basin. The game is part of a not-for-profit initiative developed in partnership with UNEP-DHI Partnership, UNEP and DHI.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BECOME A COUNTRY PARTNER? BY BECOMING A PARTNER, YOU COMMIT TO:
- organising and running a fun and innovative competition for high school children for your country
- inviting schools and students to participate in the competition in your country
- establishing local partnerships to help support and promote the competition
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AS A PARTNER IN TERMS OF SUPPORT ARE:
- Access to the competition registration page
- Aqua Republica game for use during the competition in English
- Web-based training on how to use the game in classrooms in English
- A competition kit consisting of guidelines, letter templates and certificate templates
- Technical support during the competition
UNEP-DHI is not in a position to pay for country partners’ time or competition prizes. However, country partners can identify and accept support from other sources upon agreement with UNEP-DHI.