Plenty of water, not enough strategy: The case of Nepal
Study by Biggs et al., (2013)
Plenty of water, not enough strategy: How inadequate accessibility, poor governance and a volatile government can tip the balance against ensuring water security: The case of Nepal
- Resource reliability, accessibility and governance are essential for water security.
- Water is an abundant natural asset in Nepal but distributions are heterogeneous.
- Poor governance and inequitable access hinders human water security in Nepal.
- IWRM and/or WEF nexus frameworks need increased promotion in Nepal.
- Improving cross-institutional strategy is essential for sustainable water practice.
and the paper: