13 Major Clean Energy Breakthroughs of 2013
Hi Folks, Here's wishing you a very happy new year. Found an interesting article today. Here are the 13 major breakthroughs in 2013 in terms of clean energy:
"1. Using salt to keep producing solar power even when the sun goes down
2. Electric vehicle batteries that can also power buildings.
3. The next generation of wind turbines is a gamechanger
4. Solar electricity hits grid parity with coal
5. Advancing renewable energy from ocean waves.
6. Harnessing ocean waves to produce fresh water.
7. Ultra-thin solar cells that break efficiency records.
8. Batteries that are safer, lighter, and store more power.
9. New age offshore wind turbines that float
10. Cutting electricity bills with direct current power.
11. Commercial production of clean energy from plant waste is finally here
12. Innovative financing bringing clean energy to more people.
13. Wind power is now competitive with fossil fuels. "
Read more @http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/12/18/3060131/13-clean-energy-breakthroughs-2013-2/
Exciting times ahead!