sasrai-Movement translated as a bold Cultural Revolution by the Pope Francis
Pope translated sasrai-Movement as a bold Cultural Revolution to stop the CONSUMPTION SLAVERY.
Mr. Achim Steiner, Executive Director
Attention: Mr. Naysan Sahba
Acting Director of the Division of Communications Public Information and Spokesperson
Office of the Executive Director
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Subject: Institutionalization of `sasrai-Movement’ as Pope Francis reveals.
Greetings from sasrai-Movement
Laudato Si i s worldwide wake up call to help humanity understand the destruction that man is rendering to the environment and his fellow men. June 18, 2015. Pope Francis states the goal of this environmental document :- “ In this Encyclical, I would like to enter into dialogue with all people about our common home.” The goal of the dialogue: “I urgently appeal, then, for a new dialogue about how we are shaping the future of our planet. We need a conversation that includes everyone, since the environment challenge we are undergoing, and its human roots, concern and affect us all” (#14).
I hope and believe global community has come to know that his holiness Pope voiced ( for a drastic change in "lifestyle, production and consumption" from unsustainable habits to more mindful means of caring for "our common home." "What kind of world do we want to leave to those who come after us, to children who are now growing up?" Francis asks. "The question not only concerns the environment in isolation; the issue cannot be approached piecemeal." ) that we are appealling s ince 2004 is to save a bit, reserve, preserve, rejuvenate and conserve resources. ’ Let’s save in every step no matter how small it is, no matter what is the status of social, political and economical.
Pope Francis added:
- “It would hardly be helpful to describe symptoms without acknowledging the human origins of the ecological crisis. A certain way of understanding human life and activity has gone awry, to the serious detriment of the world around us. Should we not pause and consider this? At this stage, I propose that we focus on the dominant technocratic paradigm and the place of human beings and of human action in the world” (#101).
- “Since everything is closely interrelated, and today’s problems call for a vision capable of taking into account every aspect of the global crisis, I suggest that we now consider some elements of an integral ecology, one which clearly respects its human and social dimensions” (#137).
- “So far I have attempted to take stock of our present situation, pointing to the cracks in the planet that we inhabit as well as to the profoundly human causes of environmental degradation. Although the contemplation of this reality in itself has already shown the need for a change of direction and other courses of action, now we shall try to outline the major paths of dialogue which can help us escape the spiral of self-destruction which currently engulfs us” (#163).
- “Many things have to change course, but it is we human beings above all who need to change. We lack an awareness of our common origin, of our mutual belonging, and of a future to be shared with everyone. This basic awareness would enable the development of new convictions, attitudes and forms of life. A great cultural, spiritual and educational challenge stands before us, and it will demand that we set out on the long path of renewal” (#202).
Aforsaid quotes justify our appeal to you since April 2015
01. Planet Friendly World Environment Day Celebration ie community designed, arranged & managed
02. Have a resolution to hang sasrai banner for one week June 03 to 09 at each UN office gate across the globe in honor of World Environment Day.
03. Design `T’ shirt and every BCC material that contain simple & specific message for the mass people that turned into action by each.
Pope Francis rightly indicated the scientist opinion at the rate things are going, the Earth in the coming decades could cease to be a “safe operating space” for human beings. The Planet is in Need of Each Creature Equality, Gender Equality and `sasrai’ Living ( Stop Consumption Slavery or Stop Advertisement Administered Lifestyle ). Albert Einstein opine "Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act."
We do conduct dialogue session all sector people emphasizing student and factory worker. We believe this dialogue session is very urgent for person in development sector UN, INGO and NGO. Each development orientation course should be moduled minimum halfday `sasrai’ session. Development worker/personnel needed to be resource responsible, environment efficient, climate coherent. First step should be bringing significant change in mindset of each staff emphasizing policy level/decision making that ensures mainstreaming `sasrai’ in each development initiative across the globe. Each community would have a sasrai banner at their social communication point that disseminate the message for each member and they would be tuned to believe, act accordingly “no matter how small it is, each has responsibility and capacity to `save a bit’ and we will follow it in every step.”
We hope your kind consideration and action to promote sasrai theme among all, first step should be to ensure change in mindset, attitude and behavior among UN, INGO and NGO officials across the globe that could contribute a lot to bring change in mindset among the mass people and that’s only the path to influence in mindset, policy and decision making of the global leaders’.
SM Farid Uddin Akhter
Help sasrai that helps the Humanity
save a drop of water, plant at least a native tree
sasrai – sustainable augmentation, solicited restraint, animated integrity
sasrai – work locally-serve globally, initiative local-outcome global