VIDEO: Water Reuse on Wayne Lording’s Farm
This week we consider our series on sustainable farming by talking to Wayne Lording about how he recycles grey- and black-water to replace irrigated water and fertiliser. Key points are:
- Treated water is used to irrigate and fertilise olive groves.
- The key technology is a small pump, which is readily available.
- Water reuse system has a payback period of 18 months.
- The more water and fertiliser you use, the more you can save from installing a similar water reuse system.
- Wayne's water reuse system also has risk-management benefits by providing a hedge against water and fertiliser price increases.