An operational study of a reverse osmosis desalination system for potable water and land irrigation
A paper originally published at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0011916416306658
Authors: M. Sarai Ataba, A.J. Smallbonea, A.P. Roskillya
- A reverse osmosis (RO) desalination plant for the MOD river in Iraq is presented.
- Variation of temperature, pressure and recovery in membrane module are considered.
- Water for drinking and irrigation applications are discussed.
- Salt rejection rates sensitivities to temperature and pressure are highlighted.
- An economic analysis is carried out to determine the total water cost (TWC).