Freshwater for Food and Nutrition Security in SIDS
- Moderator: welcoming and opening the session (3 min)
- Keynote speaker – presenting FAO forthcoming report titled “Sustainable management and Use of Fresh Water Resources for Food Security and Nutrition in Small Island Developing States” (15 min Dr Ben Sonneveled and Dr Amani Alfarra)
- 'SIDS and cities - two sides of the same circular economy coin' by Robert Brears research and the founder of 'Our Future Water' ( 5min)
(3 panellists from each SIDS region ) each answer one of the main questions of the event in two rounds (10 min):
- Can the lessons learned on water management from individual islands be expanded to other SIDS countries?
- Does the proximity of actors in bounded SIDS landscapes benefit the involvement of relevant stakeholders in increasing water use efficiency?
- How can the international community support SIDS to cope with climate change?
- How can agricultural water management on the SIDS contribute to an improved FNS situation?
- What important elements should be involved in a Road Map for improved water use efficiency on SIDS?
Panellist consist of a representative of one Island from each region (AIMS, Caribbean and Pacific)
- Presenters and Panellists exchange with the audience questions (max. 2-3 min’s each) (7min)
- Moderator closing with a key message (5 min)