I.S. Rivers 2018
-Call for Abstracts-
The abstract submission deadline is 27 November! You can find the Call for Abstracts in our "Attachments" section on this event page. Submit your abstract here!
I.S.Rivers will take place from June 4 to 8, 2018 at the Lumière Lyon 2 University , a prestigious venue situated near the Rhône river.
This international conference is dedicated to research and practices on natural and human-impacted large rivers, in particular functioning, changes and processes, interface and interactions, management policies, engineering.
The I.S.Rivers conference concentrates on the state of art management strategies and lessons learned from individual case studies. Particular consideration is given to the integration of physical, ecological and social perspectives of the different stakeholders involved in river management (governance, economy, culture), which is reflected in the title of the conference (“Integrative Sciences for rivers”).
The ambition of I.S.Rivers
- To identify and discuss the most recent scientific advances regarding complexity and diversity of rivers, in particular functioning, ecological services, stakeholder involvement and management strategies;
- To share experiences of research and practices, implementation of local policies at different scales with various human and geographical contexts: hydrographic districts, corridors, large cities, transition zones and estuaries.
- To gather together highly skilled professionals from various domains, in order to promote knowledge transfer between scientists, river managers, consultants, residents and varied users.
- To stimulate European and international collaborations between scientists and river managers for the purpose of improving decision support and practices.
- A conference focusing on rivers
- A conference in which all facets of the rivers may be addressed
- A conference with multidisciplinary research occurring in interaction with management
- A conference with feedbacks on innovative operational actions enabling the transferability of good practices for river restoration and management
- A conference with French-English simultaneous translation (and vice-versa) to promote a real exchange between delegates, and access to knowledge of research, actions and experiments conducted on French rivers
The ambition of the organisers is to promote exchanges between scientists on the one hand, & river managers and stakeholders on the other hand.
500 delegates are expected with a balanced distribution between practitioners and scientists (60% from France, 25% from Europe and 15% from the rest of the world).