City of West Palm Beach
- City was incorporated November 5, 1894
- Incorporated 2 years before Miami
- 1000 residents in 1895
- Florida first junior college, Palm Beach Jr. College opened in 1933
- Thousands of servicemen moved through West Palm Beach's airport during WWII
- West Palm Beach is now estimated to have 111,000+ residents
Long a place where people of vision have brought their dreams, built new enterprises, and achieved success, the City of West Palm Beach is a regional center of commerce offering an environment where dreams can still come true.
Born among affluence, West Palm Beach has always been, and still is, a place where men and women roll up their sleeves and get things done, yet without the hustle, hassle and hardship found elsewhere in South Florida.
Its government, business community and citizenry unite to build a positive, progressive business environment that is supportive and cooperative, which combined with its outstanding lifestyle and easy workability, creates Florida’s best metropolitan location where professional and personal lives both flourish, and where dreams still come true.
West Palm Beach is the county seat of Palm Beach County. It is one of the three main cities in South Florida.