Water Finance Exchange
WFX is a partnership between federal and state funders, communities, water sector leaders, traditional lenders and philanthropy to solve the funding shortage of water infrastructure projects impacting thousands of communities across the U.S.
Achieve sustainable outcomes by integrating pre-development support and financing opportunities often unavailable to small and rural communities.
We measure our success by closed deals and building on, not duplicating, regional plans and innovations.
Develop a pipeline of fundable projects by helping small, disadvantaged and rural communities navigate the decision-making process and steps necessary for sustainable and safe drinking water and wastewater systems.
- Deploy Revolving Pre-Development Fund to provide vital support to designing and structuring bankable deals.
- Provide expert advisory support and capacity to underserved communities that are navigating water management dilemmas.
- Financial mechanisms to partially mitigate project risk and provide catalytic capital through Risk Mitigation and Loan Fund to scale finance.
- Strong network of communities, regulators, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Unique technology solutions and business models to create a 21st century, sustainable, U.S. water infrastructure sector.
WFX works hand-in-hand with communities to identify hurdles to obtaining needed financing, connect communities to expertise and financial resources, and build replicable and scalable solutions.