Off-grid Water Collection, Treatment and Use
I am looking for an entirely self-contained solution to off-grid living.
- The source of water will be from rainwater capture only and must serve all domestic needs. Climate is tropical so it has plenty of rain.
- Greywater should be either treated and used or treated and disposed safely to the environment.
- There will be no sewage due to the composting toilet.
- Cant have any standing water due to mosquitos.
- Cant have any chemical treatment.
- Minimal energy use is required as it can only use off-grid power so it will add cost to upgrade power systems. Can get up to 24V.
- Must not rely too heavily on mechanical parts as skilled maintenance won't be available and replacement parts will take a long time to get there.
What are the best solutions for rainwater collection and treatment, greywater treatment and reuse and the composting toilet?