Date: 2 September 2021MWH TREATMENT, LEADING DESIGN AND DELIVERY PROVIDER, JOINS THE RSK GROUP, FURTHER CEMENTING THE GROUP’S POSITION IN THE ...Date: 2 September 2021
MWH TREATMENT, LEADING DESIGN AND DELIVERY PROVIDER, JOINS THE RSK GROUP, FURTHER CEMENTING THE GROUP’S POSITION IN THE UK WATER SECTOR
RSK Group Ltd (RSK) is delighted to announce it has strengthened its services in the UK water sector by welcoming leading solution provider MWH Treatment to its growing portfolio.
A highly reputable company with a 200-year legacy, MWH Treatment currently operates across the UK water industry, with over 800 professionals co-located across six major frameworks. MWH Treatment provides a strong focus on the safe delivery of sustainable solutions with maximum positive impact on the environment.
The addition of MWH Treatment continues two years of significant strategic investment in the water sector by RSK, with acquisitions including Water Research Council (WRc), Nicholas O’Dwyer and Binnies (formally the UK and Asia water businesses of Black & Veatch). MWH Treatment will move forward retaining its leadership team, all employees, its highly respected brand and its existing cultural values.
RSK will bring real value through its ambition, portfolio of companies and sector links. This will enhance MWH Treatment’s services and enable the company to maintain its position as the number one process contractor in the water industry.
MWH Treatment Managing Director, Paul Bresnan, expressed his delight at the acquisition, saying:
“I am incredibly excited for MWH Treatment to be taking this fantastic next step. Being part of RSK will enable us to bring a broader and deeper offering to our clients by leveraging the wider group capabilities.”
“RSK really values our exceptional people along with the great relationships we have with our clients and joint venture partners,” he added.
Alan Ryder, RSK founder and Chief Executive Officer, said:
“The water sector is of huge importance to RSK and its strategy, so I couldn’t be more pleased to welcome MWH Treatment into the group. The company’s reputation across the UK is impeccable, and I see countless opportunities for collaboration and knowledge-sharing across the group.
“Paul and his team hold values very similar to those of the wider RSK group – something that I feel is so important in bringing businesses together.”
Notes for editors
1. RSK acquisitions
• In the financial year 2016/2017, RSK acquired three businesses: ADAS, Dynamic Sampling and JB Site Investigations.
• In the financial year 2017/2018, RSK acquired seven businesses: Acies, KMGP, Ian Farmer Associates, Cole Jarman, Up and Under Group, CJ Associates and RSKW.
• In the financial year 2018/2019, RSK completed 12 acquisitions: Central Alliance, Non Destructive Testing Services, Copeland Wedge Associates, Twig, CAN, PB Drilling, bts Group, the tbf Contracting businesses, Pellings, Dr. Tillmanns & Partner, Headland Archaeology and Drilling Supplies & Hire Services.
• In the financial year 2019/2020, RSK acquired 11 businesses: Consents Solutions, Biocensus, Adverbo, RAW Technology, Geocore Site Investigations, Ecologia Environmental Solutions, ATP, Silcock Leedham Group, Salix, Morrison Falklands and Nicholas O’Dwyer.
• In the financial year 2020/2021, RSK acquired: Ground Heat, PA Group, RoC Consulting, WRc, Cognica, Boden + Wasser, Amphos 21, Pharos Generator Services, Pharos Field Engineering Services, Binnies (including Black & Veatch Limited, Black & Veatch Hong Kong Limited and Black & Veatch (SEA) Pte Limited in Singapore), CAS, EDP, CR Civil Engineering and Enviresearch.
• In the current financial year, RSK has, so far, acquired 11 businesses: The Scan Station, RSK Orbital, SkyVision International, Smith + Kennedy Architects, Stephenson Halliday, QSI, Waldrams, Althoff & Lang GbR, Minerex, TechnikGS, CS2 and Leap Environmental.
2. About RSK
RSK (www.rskgroup.com) is the UK’s leading integrated environmental, engineering and technical services provider. The business has grown organically and through strategic acquisition since it was established in 1989. Today, the RSK group is made up of more than 100 companies that are aligned to deliver end-to-end solutions to help organisations to achieve their goals in a sustainable manner. With its head office in Helsby, Cheshire, UK,
RSK employs over 6000 specialists worldwide and is known for providing practical solutions to global challenges. RSK was ranked the second largest UK environmental consultancy by Environment Analyst in its 2020 Market Assessment Report and is placed in the 2020 Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250, a ranking of Britain’s leading mid-market private companies.
RSK has a diverse client base but mainly services key accounts for clients in the energy, water, property, manufacturing, government and transport sectors.
The company is certified to the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 international standards for quality, environmental management and health and safety management.