NEWS NOTES ON SUSTAINABLE WATER RESOURCESThe National Atlashttps://www.usgs.gov/faqs/national-atlas-program-has-ended-any-data-still-available?q...NEWS NOTES ON SUSTAINABLE WATER RESOURCES
The National Atlas
The online version of the National Atlas (officially known as the 1997-2014 Edition of the National Atlas of the United States) was removed from service in 2014. Some of its previous products and services are available from the following USGS sources:
• Some small-scale datasets have moved to The National Map Download Client and The National Map Services.
• Printable Maps developed for the National Atlas have been permanently removed from the USGS website, but they're archived here on The Wayback Machine. Archived maps can be printed or downloaded but not previewed.
• Some small-scale geologic data is on the Mineral Resources Online Spatial Data (MRDATA) site. Scroll down the page to the "Geologic Data" section.
• National Atlas wall maps are available for purchase through the online USGS Store until supplies are exhausted. No new wall maps will be printed. For information on price and availability, call 1-888-275-8747 (option 2) or 303-202-4700 (international) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Over three hundred additional datasets from the National Atlas can be downloaded from EarthExplorer.
• Streamer is now on the USGS Water Mission Area’s Streamer site.
• Data from the National Atlas can also be located using the Data.gov site.