- Call for Abstracts - IWRA Online Conference“One Water, One Health: Water, Food & Public Health in a Changing World”7-9 June 2021Deadline e...- Call for Abstracts -
IWRA Online Conference
“One Water, One Health: Water, Food & Public Health in a Changing World”
7-9 June 2021
Deadline extension: Monday, May 3rd, 2021
The International Water Resources Association (IWRA) and the UN Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) would like to inform you that the deadline to submit abstracts for IWRA's Online Conference on “One Water, One Health: Water, Food and Public Health in a Changing World”, to be held from 7-9 June 2021, has been extended to Monday, May 3rd.
Currently, the whole world has been focused on public health with the COVID-19 pandemic, which has also disrupted farming, production, and shipping, highlighting the fragilities of the interconnected systems we all depend upon. Water is a critical factor in both agriculture and food processing, as well as in nutrition and broader human health issues. This complex nexus of sectors is often treated in silos, from both science and policy perspectives. Examining the inter-linkages between water, food and public health is now more critical than ever, especially as the world changes in response to the stressors of pandemics, climate change, population growth, and urbanization.
IWRA’s Online Conference in collaboration with the FAO will address these challenges and priorities. The conference will be held from June 7th to 9th, 2021, and its main goal is to promote the sharing and exchange of the latest scientific and policy knowledge on the links between Water, Food, and Public Health for the sustainable governance, use, and management of these resources globally.
This online conference has the overarching theme of “One Water, One Health: Water, Food and Public Health in a Changing World” with five different sub-theme challenges to be addressed, which you can see below. More detail on these sub-themes can be found on the conference website (www.iwraonlineconference.org):">www.iwraonlineconference.org):https://iwraonlineconference.org/themes-2021.
Call for Abstracts
We invite experts from all backgrounds, i.e. academics, water professionals, private sector practitioners and civil society stakeholders, who wish to present their work on the indicated theme and related sub-themes at this online conference, to submit an abstract, if you have not already done so. Please bear in mind the following:
- Abstracts should clearly describe the research objectives, methods, findings and relevance in a maximum of 400 words, in English (with no graphs, references, or citations)
- Authors must use the official template and cover the abstract sections detailed in the template. Only word documents (.doc and .docx) will be accepted.
- When indicating the theme of your preference for your abstract, choose only one and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.
Theme 1: How can we better Manage Water for Food and Public Health in a Changing World?
Theme 2: How can Agriculture Contribute to Food Security and Public Health?
Theme 3: What opportunities lie in the improved cooperation between water, food, and public health sectors?
Theme 4: What are the synergies or trade-offs between ecosystem health and human health?
Theme 5: How can science better inform public policy, governance and capacity building for Water, Food, and Health?
For the full details on the sub-themes, please go to our website: www.iwraonlineconference.org/themes-2021">www.iwraonlineconference.org/themes-2021
- On the basis of the submitted abstracts, a review by the international scientific committee of experts will be undertaken to select the best papers for presentation. Selection criteria include technical quality, relevance to the conference themes, and significance of the content.
- The International Scientific Committee will evaluate the abstracts and give their acceptance notification starting on May 10th, 2021
- Important: At least one author of each selected paper must register and attend the online conference to present their work. Registration is free for everyone, thanks for the generous support of the FAO.
- Each participant can submit up to two abstracts as presenting author (no limitation as co-author).
- Selected authors will be asked to prepare and submit a short PowerPoint presentation at least two weeks before the start of the conference.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com or visit www.iwraonlineconference.org.
We look forward to receiving your submissions!
IWRA Executive Office
International Water Resources Association
51 Rue Salvador Allende
92027 Nanterre Cedex, France