127 The One With Tom Hutchison - Scaling UP! H2O
Several months ago, I released a podcast on having multiple generations in the business ( EP 104 ). Since that time, I have heard from several members of the Nation! who wanted to know more about how one generation transitions to another. Many of the original owners of the water treatment companies out there are retiring. So, what should a business do to transition to the next generation properly?
At the last Association of Water Technologies conference, Tom Hutchison of HOH Water Technology delivered a paper on this very topic. Tom interviewed 22 business owners of multi-generational businesses and asked them questions around the transition. Tom was gracious enough to come on today’s show and share his findings with the Scaling UP! Nation!
Multi-Generational Businesses | DOWNLOAD!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Radical Polymers [0:00:10]
- Rising Tide Mastermind [0:04:03]
- AWT Training Schedule [0:05:56]
- 40 Years After In Water Treatment [0:11:30]
- Multi-Generational Businesses [0:17:15]
- Reason Why Generations Fail [0:24:50]
- Start With “Why?” [0:29:16]
- Family Dynamics [0:35:40]
- 4 Ways To Transition A Business [0:45:46]
- Best Time To Talk Transition [0:54:07]
- Why We Need To Have EOS [0:56:15]
- And A Lot More!
Links mentioned On This Episode:
Tom Hutchison on LinkedIn
HOH Water Technology
Rising Tide Mastermind
Association of Water Technologies
122 The One with Reid Hutchison
123 The Other One with Reid Hutchison
104 The One on Generational Diversity
045 The One That Brings Your Team Together
085 The One with the Business Operating System
Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t
Dance in the End Zone: The Business Owner’s Exit Planning Playbook
The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else In Business
Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business