Health crisis : I.S.Rivers adapts and offers you 2 meetings in 2021 and 2022
>> The organisation of international webinars every monday in June 2021, focusing on some of the themes of the I.S.Rivers call for papers. It will be a great opportunity to discover, through a few communications, the spirit of the I.S.Rivers conferences.
>> The postponement of the I.S. Rivers conference to July 2022, in order to have the event in person. We hope that I.S.Rivers will remain a place of exchange and meeting for the large community of scientists and practitioners that you constitute.
The call for papers for I.S.Rivers 2022 will be launched in September 2021.
4 webinars, the 4 mondays in June, with simultaneous translation
June 7th | 9am - 11am (UTC+2) – River management : the perspective of young professionals
June 14th | 5pm - 7pm (UTC+2) - Rivers and human interactions
Power games, balance of power, and preservation of the quality of rivers
Governance and role of the media across different countries (Mexico, United States and in areas around the Nile)
June 21st | 5pm - 7pm (UTC+2) - Trajectories and adaptation to global change
Approach of the universities of Lincoln and Idaho, INRAE and Nice Métropole
June 28th | 5pm - 7pm (UTC+2) - Ecological restoration and management issues
Experiences of the Rhône and Danube, and analysis of contradictions
> Free and compulsory registration
Full webinar programme
Monday, June 7th | 9am - 11am (UTC+2)
River management : the perspective of young professionals
The I.S.Rivers conference concentrates on the state of art management strategies and lessons learned from individual case studies. Particular consideration is given to the integration of physical, ecological and social perspectives of the different stakeholders involved in river management (governance, economy, culture), which is reflected in the title of the conference (“Integrative Sciences for rivers”).
The ambition of I.S.Rivers
- A conference focusing on rivers
- A conference in which all facets of the rivers may be addressed
- A conference with multidisciplinary research occurring in interaction with management
- A conference with feedbacks on innovative operational actions enabling the transferability of good practices for river restoration and management
- A conference with French-English simultaneous translation (and vice-versa) to promote a real exchange between delegates, and access to knowledge of research, actions and experiments conducted on French rivers
The ambition of the organisers is to promote exchanges between scientists on the one hand, & river managers and stakeholders on the other hand.
500 delegates are expected with a balanced distribution between practitioners and scientists (60% from France, 25% from Europe and 15% from the rest of the world).
- Website: http://www.graie.org/ISRivers/a_index.php
- Starts , ends
- River Engineering
- River Basin management
- River Restoration
- River Valley Project